Population of Bangladesh

Population of Bangladesh is a common question in our country. Central Bangladesh is a sovereign state in South Asia. Its constitutional name is the People’s Republic of Bangladesh. Bangladesh is bordered by West Bengal of India to the west, West Bengal, Assam and Meghalaya to the north, Assam, Tripura and Mizoram to the east, Myanmar, China and Rakhine states to the southeast and Bay of Bengal to the south coast. Geographically, Bangladesh is the largest deltaic island in the world.

Bangladesh is called a riverine country. And a total of 57 international rivers flow through the territory of Bangladesh. Tertiary hills growing northeast and southeast of Bangladesh. The world’s largest mangrove forest Sundarbans and the longest natural beach Cox’s Bazar is located in Bangladesh. বাংলাদেশের জনসংখ্যা কত বাংলায় পড়তে এখানে ক্লিক করুন

What is the total population of Bangladesh:
It is very difficult to know the total exact population of a country. An estimated number is captured through the survey. And it is considered as the total population of the country. At present the total population of Bangladesh is estimated to be about 16 crore 46 lakhs. Among them 8 crore 24 lakh men and 8 crore 22 lakh women. Currently the average life expectancy has increased.

What is the population of Bangladesh?
According to the census, the number of working people or people aged 15 to 49 has increased by 0.2 percent in 2017 as compared to 2018. Earlier, a report said that the population of the country was 15 crore 68 lakh in 2014, 15 crore 89 lakh in 2015, 16 crore 8 lakh in 2016 and 16 crore 27 lakh in 2017. However, in 2017, the population of the country has increased at a higher rate, it is about 19 lakhs. The normal population growth of Bangladesh rate has decreased by 0.1 percent in 2017 as compared to 2018.

On the other hand, according to the Bangladesh Bureau of Statistics (BBS), the population of Bangladesh is about 16 crore 57 lakhs. Therefore, Bangladesh is the 8th largest country in the world. However, the population density is about 1116 per square kilometer, which is the highest in the world. Population growth of Bangladesh rate is 1.33% and female to male ratio is 102: 100.

Most of the people in the country are children and young people (which is 60%). However, the average life expectancy of women and men in this country is 72.3 years. In terms of ethnicity, 98% of the people of Bangladesh are Bengalis and the remaining 2% are of Bihari descent and tribe. There are 13 tribes in the Chittagong Hill Tracts alone. And among them the main Chakma tribe. It is to be noted that the tribes outside the Chittagong Hill Tracts include Garo and Santal.

The state language of Bangladesh is Bengali so most of the people speak Bengali. However, English is used in government work if necessary. Since 1987, the Bengali language has been given prominence only in government activities other than foreign communication.

The main and state religion of the population of Bangladesh is Islam (which is 90.5%). This includes Hinduism (which is 8.5%), Buddhism (which is 0.6%), Christianity (which is 0.3%) and others (which is 0.1%).

The total population lives in central cities (21.4%) and the rest in rural areas (78.6%). There has been a lot of progress in poverty and public health as a result of various public and private development activities. But a large part of Bangladesh’s population is still below the poverty line.
Population of Bangladesh
The following is a brief summary of Population of Bangladesh:
Total population – 16,55,70,000 (2019 estimates).
Population growth rate – 11.33% (2018 estimate).
Population Birth rate – 18.3 per 1000 population (2018 estimate).
Population mortality rate – among 1000 people. 5.0 Mortality (2018 Estimates).
Average life expectancy – 72.3 years (2018 estimates).
Male – 70.8 years (2018 estimates).
Female – 73.8 years (2018 estimates).
Pregnancy rate-2.05% (2018 estimate).
Infant mortality rate – 22 deaths per 1,000 (2018 estimates).
Age Formation – 0-14 years 27.29%, 15-64 years 66.3% and 65 years and above 6.42% (2018 estimates).

Gender Ratio – 1.04 males / females at birth (2018 estimation), under-15 years 1.04 males / females (2017 estimation), 15-64 years 0.98 males / females (2017 estimation) and 65-plus 0.90 males / Women (2018 Estimates).
Nationality – The main ethnic group is 98% Bengali, 2% others.
Language – Bengali.

Others about Population of Bangladesh:
Arsenic poisoning is an important health problem in Bangladesh. Besides, there is an outbreak of malaria and dengue in Bangladesh which is increasing till date.

The literacy rate in Bangladesh is about 41% as of 2005. According to UNICEF, in 2004 the literacy rate among males was 50% and among females 31%. However, the rate of education in the country has increased as a result of various programs taken by the government.

However, the food exchange program, which started in 1993, has been the most successful. In addition, scholarships for girls at the primary, secondary, higher secondary and undergraduate levels have been introduced to advance women’s education. Read Ancient Places in Rome

So even if we do not know the exact number of the population, we can get the idea of ​​the total population according to the census. However, Bangladesh has a large population in terms of size, which is not desirable for a country at all.

জাতীয়